The museums and non-profit cultural institutions of Athens have decided since November 2009 to build the Network of Museums and Cultural Institutions of Athens.
This initiative is based on three trajectories:
- the creation of a common ground for communication,
- the exchange of expertise and the co-operation between members in addressing specialised problems and
- organising join events and shared plans.
The Network’s aims are:
- to strengthen partcipants’ voices,
- to elaborate multifaceted schemes and,
- to approach and involve larger audience groups in cultural agendas.
It is an efficient ‘instrument’ serving educational and cultural ends by deploying contemporary strategies. 40 museums and cultural institutions are already participating in it.
This website features general information on each Network member, news, events and educational programmes offered to adults, families, children and school groups. For further information on the Network, please contact the administration office.
Next common Action of the Network
Our Athens - 14&15 June 2014
Free entrance activities and events for adults and families by 15 museums and cultureal institutions.